PE Physical Education
Physical education is all about children learning about themselves: their capabilities, their potential and their limitations. It challenges them to think in different ways, to be creative, to take on new challenges and to take that uncertain risk. Success gives children confidence, to believe that they really can do it!
Our vision for PE at White Laith:
Through our provision for physical education and sport we will:
- Ensure every child has the opportunity to participate in a wide range of sports and activities in and outside of the PE curriculum.
- Provide all children with a broad base of movement knowledge, skills and understanding, which they can refine and expand throughout their primary school years.
- Develop children’s teamwork, organisation, listening and communication skills through physical activity and sport.
- Develop children’s understanding of active and healthy lifestyles
- Provide opportunities to participate in competitions and clubs
- Ensure every child experiences high quality teaching and learning within the PE curriculum
- Ensure safe practice at all times.
- Encourage a lifelong enjoyment of sport and physical activity