Mississippi - Year Six
This half term our topic is the Victorians. We will however start by looking at locating Ingleborough in preparation for our trip- I am VERY excited!
In History, we will be looking at Victorian schools, jobs, children, Queen Victoria, inventions and lots more! In Art, we will look at the work of William Morris where we will try to re-create his work using painting and printing skills. In Science, we will be learning about electricity.
If you have anything that you think might help with our topic, please send it in- we would really appreciate it!
In Literacy, we will be reading The Spider and the Fly, The Highwayman, Oliver Twist and Street Child. We will be writing instructions, letters, diary entries, non-chronological reports and newspaper reports. In Numeracy, we will begin with looking at place value. These are some things your child MUST know by the end of this half term so please support them:
- 6, 7 and 8 times table
- Names of 2D and 3D shapes
- 100 cm = 1 metre, 1 Km = 1000 metres, 1 litre = 1000ml
A few reminders:
- Please remember to read every night and remind your child to make a comment in their reading diary. Reading diaries will be checked every day.
- Learning logs will be handed out on a Friday and are due in the following Wednesday. These will be shared with the class every week.
- PE kits need to be kept in school. We have PE on a Tuesday and Thursday.
- Spellings tests will be on a Friday so please support your child.
- And finally….every child needs pumps and a water bottle.