Teaching and Learning Committee (incorporating Pupil Support)
This committee monitors and evaluates Teaching and Learning in school. This includes evaluating the quality of provision for SEND pupils. Members of this committee identify specific elements of our School Development Plan and track progress against these objectives across the year.
The members of this committee are:
- Mrs Jenny Horton (Chair)
- Mrs Ania Briggs
- Mrs Amy Ewing-Simmons
- Mr Mike Haworth
- Mrs Nicola Sheerin
- Mrs Helen Driscoll
The members of this committee monitor and evaluate the school finances, building and premises at White Laith. They work closely with the Head Teacher and the Finance Service at LCC to monitor the financial health of the school. They receive reports on the staffing structure of the school and ensure that we make the best use of this most valuable resource. This committee also ensures that the premises are safe, healthy and accessible for our staff and young people as well as the wider community.
The members of the Resources Committee are:
- Mr Tom Lloyd (Chair)
- Mr Peter Whelan
- Mr Greg Potter
- Mrs Nicola Sheerin
Roles and Responsibilities
Please refer to the Chair or the Headteacher for LA guidance regarding these roles.
- SEN - Mrs Ania Briggs
- Safeguarding - Mrs Jenny Horton
- CLA - Mrs Jenny Horton
- Equalities - Mrs Jenny Horton
- Child Protection - Mrs Jenny Horton
- Pupil Voice/ School Council - Mr Mike Haworth
- Pupil Premium - Mr Mike Haworth
- Health and Safety - Mr Greg Potter
- Trust governor - Mr Peter Whelan
- Pupil Behaviour - Mr Peter Whelan
- Attendance - Mr Peter Whelan
- Staffing - Mr Tom Lloyd
- Training - Mr Peter Whelan (Mr John Barker)
- Head Performance Management and Pay Review - Mr Greg Potter, Mr Tom Lloyd and Mrs Ania Briggs
- Staff Dismissal - Mr Tom Lloyd and Mr Peter Whelan
- Pupil Exclusion - Mr Peter Whelan
There is also a pay appeal committee.
All Governors have a link to a year group and visit their class informally throughout the year.
- Aire (Foundation) Mrs Amy Ewing-Simmons
- Nile (Year 1) Mr Greg Potter
- Yangtze (Year 2) Mr Mike Haworth
- Danube (Year 3) Mrs Jenny Horton
- Zambezi (Year 4) Mr Tom Lloyd
- Amazon (Year 5) Mr Peter Whelan
- Mississippi (Year 6) Mrs Ania Briggs
There are four Full Governing Body meetings in an academic year: There are two sub-committees – ‘Resources’ (covering finance, staffing and the built environment), ‘Teaching and Learning’ including ‘Pupil Support’. Each sub-committee meets once per term and reports back to the next Full Governing Body meeting.