The School Day
The structure of the day – regular and punctual attendance at school is vital if children are to learn well.
10.30 – 10.40 a.m.
11.45 – 1.00 p.m.
Lunch (Key Stage 1):
12.00 – 1.10 p.m.
Lunch (Key Stage 2):
12.15 – 1.10 p.m.
Click the link to read our SNOW CLOSURE POLICY
School starts at 8.50 a.m. The doors open early at 8.45 a.m. to ease congestion and to ensure that all children are ready to begin morning work at 8.50 a.m. The school gates are locked at 9.00a.m. and after this time entrance is via the main office only.
Morning work has a Basic Skills focus; times tables practice, sentence work, reading and spelling high frequency words, additional phonics practice as well as time to hand in homework (Learning Logs) and reading diary checks.
The register is taken at 9.00 a.m. and registers are then sent to the office at 9.05 a.m. Children are marked LATE if they arrive between 9.00 a.m. and 9.30 a.m. If children arrive after 9.30 a.m. they are marked ABSENT for the morning session.
- Where a child misses even one lesson in a sequence it can adversely affect their learning
- We want all children to aim for full attendance
- Parents should ensure children arrive at school on time
- Parents should ensure their children attend school unless there is an authorised reason
- We expect parents to inform school if their child is absent (We can only accept explanations from parents, carers and other adult family members)
- Whilst absence for exceptional circumstances may be requested, absence for holidays will not be authorised and parents may receive a fine.
- We will reward children for punctuality and good attendance
- Our Attendance policy is available on our website or by request, at the office.
The school currently has an admission limit of 30 children per year group.
Admission to the school is through local authority application form which can be obtained from the school office. Requests for admission mid school year should be made through Leeds City Council Admissions Team department, though direct contact with the headteacher is also welcome.
Our admission policy is available on the policies page of our website.
You are welcome to come and look around the school. Simply contact the school office 0113 2930280 or email@example.com
Leeds City Council Admissions Team Department: 0113 2224414